Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 8 of "10 Days of Waiting" Devotional

Job 30:26
But when I looked for good, evil came to me; And when I waited for light, then came darkness.

We often have a view of waiting on the Lord that is hopeful and positive and know things always end that way, even in death we win.  But in the process of life at times things can get worse during our waiting on the Lord than better.  I know this to be true.

In Job's final defense of his position and opinion of the reason for the events of his life (see chapters 1 and 2 if you are unsure of what happened) he give insight into a spiritual truth.  God is not a "rub the lamp, get a wish fulled" God.  Sometimes when we waiting on God for something to get better it can get worse "I waited for light, then came darkness".  DO NOT give up in moments like these.  Press in... press on.  Keep your eyes on Jesus!  He is working even in the darkness.  He is perfect in all his ways and you can trust Him as everything seems to be getting worse.

For Job at the end of the book, God reveals not His plans to Job but who He is... GOD in powerful control of all things.  Job says "“I know that You can do everything, And that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand,"  (Job 42: vs 2&3.)     

God has a purpose in that what you are facing.  You may never know it.  But trust God to be God in your situation.  Keep waiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment