Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 1 of "10 Days of Waiting" Devotional

We have been responding to the words of Jesus in Acts 1 as he told his disciples to "wait" for the promise of father all those years ago.  Tomorrow we will gather and celebrate Pentecost Sunday with churches all over the world.  The Spirit has come!
This morning as I was preparing for the final devotional on "waiting" I came accross this video "out of the depths" based upon Psalm 130.

It was a blessing to me.  Listen to it here.
Wait on the Lord today.  He has something for you today.


130 Lord,I am in great trouble,
    so I call out to you.
Lord, hear my voice;
    listen to my prayer for help.
Lord, if you punished people for all their sins,
    no one would be left, Lord.
But you forgive us,
    so you are respected.
I wait for the Lord to help me,
    and I trust his word.
I wait for the Lord to help me
    more than night watchmen wait for the dawn,
    more than night watchmen wait for the dawn.

"Continually give God space to captivate your heart. God promises success to the person who takes time to meditate on His Word day and night (Josh. 1:8; Ps. 1). The greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all our heart, mind and soul (Matt. 22:37-40). When this is our first priority, then our love for God will be so strong we will not be as prone to desire to sin against Him. Jesus made it as clear when He told His disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane, "Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak (Matt. 26:41)."Joseph Mattera
.

No comments:

Post a Comment