Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 4 of "10 Days of Waiting"

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
"How are you today?"  I was asked the other day ." I am tired" was my reply.
  I noticed lately that it is one of my more common replies to the "how are you" question.  Maybe it is because I am working too hard or that I have too much on my mind.  It could be because of the schedule our family keeps with everyone in our family having lots to do (school, sports, church, chores, jobs and just trying to keep up to date with the everything life stuff).  It also could be because of our desire to be people "on mission" for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  There are many people who do not know Jesus as yet and we want to be busy with that the Lord has given us. This includes worship, prayer and fasting to keep moving ahead in the LORD.  These are the tools of our warfare! "So how am I doing? "I am tired!"  There must be another option than sleeping and sleeping and the scripture says there is! WAITING on the Lord is one of God's secrets for abundant living.  As you take time to wait upon the LORD something unexplainable happens to you... you get renewed strength.  How?  God supernaturally imparts His provision to you!  Amazing but true.  I have personal experience with this.  There have been days I have went to pray and not to sleep and God sustained me with joy and energy.
So RUN... WALK... FLY... God has energy food better for you than any REDBULL you could ever drink!  Just wait on HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment