Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 6 of "10 Days of Waiting"

 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord

Lamentations 3 :25 -26

We used to sing a song growing up at supper time:

 "Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need:
The sun, the rain and the appleseed;
Oh, the Lord's been good to me."

Johnny Appleseed... AMEN! 

Do you doubt God goodness to you?  I know people can take away your trust and hurt you and at time it feels like God does the same.... but it is not true.  God is Good towards you!  Even more as we wait upon Him.  Every day we are drawing nearing to Pentecost Sunday (May 19th).  Will you let him reveal His goodness to you?  Even now as you seek the Lord, stop and list all the ways the Lord has been good to you.  I would guess your list, like mine, is long.  He has much more for you as you wait in His presence.  He is not in a rush to give it you but as you do the work of seeking and you will discover that His goodness only increases all the more. "O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Ps 34:8  

Johnny Appleseed AMEN!

 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment